Friday, June 4, 2010

EXPLOSION



Okay, so at times...in the (very recent) past, I may have been known to use my family as blog fodder. And, yes, at times (daily), I may not have been extraordinarily generous?~ in my praise and/or shown all (any) of them in the best light (pitch black). And once again, yes, okay, yes, I may have been guilty (prison sentence) of playing up and exaggerating their worst (made up) attributes.

And I want you to know that I forgive you, friends.

That's right. I forgive you for expecting me to throw them under the bus FOR YOU...and your very selfish and low brow entertainment. I guess you can't help that you have such low self esteem~that the only way you can feel good about yourselves and your OWN family, is if mine looks hideously dysfunctional in comparison.

I've come to realize that it's just who you are~it's how you roll~and you will probably be judged harshly at the Pearly Gates because of it.

Anyway, what was the point of all this? Oh. Yeah. That picture there at the top was the work of both of my sons and can I just say that I find it ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!? Brilliant, I say.

So even though you've been responsible for the bloody stripes across their backs, hopefully you can man up enough to give then a pat on the back and a simple "Well done" for this one.


It's the least you can do.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I think your kids are awesome! AWESOME!!!

And I don't use that word lightly, as you know :)

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

I do love that!! I want to steal the picture!

Vanessa said...

That is a really cool Picture, good job guys!

Krista said...

If we pat them on the back it will hurt their bloody welts! Thanks for the entertainment and for once again raising my esteem a little higher!

Just a bed of roses said...

Your two apples are amazing at this...bet that was fun for them....how could they not be.

Your so right, we do expect you to tar and feather your loved ones, so unfair.

Again, you do what good mothers do, stick up for them when they are very good.

Keep that spray paint hidden because tomorrow we could hear another story of motherhood throwing her children right under that bus.

.E. said...

I sure can... well done son well done..

See Mom Smile said...

That'll do pig. That'll do.

Holly said...

Ummm... if I remember correctly (see PREVIOUS POST) the more appropriate action is "That SUCKS! Try HARDER!" to MOTIVATE them to do even BETTER each TIME! ;p

OK... so I FAILED at that instruction... I believe I clicked "LIKE" on it on his fb... Well, the younger one, anyway... You can pass the "LIKE" on to the older one... LOL!! Where's the "AWESOME" button??? (((HUGS)))