Saturday, April 2, 2011

REMEDIATION

Okay, I am hanging my head in repentant shame. I've ignored you dear folks, and kind of replaced you, in a way, with my actual life. Life things like Student Body President elections, neuro-feedback therapy sessions, children failing core classes needed to graduate, thus leading to what they now like to call,"remediation"~or what we used to call, "flunking." Being a Flunkard is way more fun to say, but brings with it it's own devastation. Anyway, things like that, leaving little time for the things that bring me joy, with the exception of a daily bag of Cadbury mini-eggs, to get me through on a wing and a fatty prayer.

So you've been on hold. For about two weeks now. And I would imagine that, after awhile, you got a little bit sick to death of the elevator music that's been playing. And I don't blame you, because, "Like a Rhinestone Cowboy" instrumental version, has a pretty short shelf life, and I'm confident it went rancid by the late 70's.

Which makes me feel even worse about the fact that I can't write more today, and will be screwing the lid back on the jar, so you can pickle in the fridge for a few more days, since my DAMNABLE MIGRAINE HEADACHE IS ON DAY NUMBER THREE AND A HALF, AND THERE IS NO END IN SIGHT!

See, Migraine=stupid words coming out of my mouth. Mostly cuss. And I can't subject you, my dear, fresh, spring chick peeps, to profanity laced diatribes against the headache gods who JUST CAN'T LET IT GO, CAN YOU?

So let's just call it a day...or 14...whatever, and wait for those 47 ibu's to kick in. May the heavens bless you for your patience and long suffering~two courses I flunked back in Jr. High, thus, the migraine headache "remediation."

Love, Princess Lisa

12 comments:

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

I am so sorry about the migraine! I'm a sufferer go and I am not a nice person when I have one.

Sorry about the flunkards. It doesn't end when they get out of school.

Hurry back, I hate rhinestone cowboy!

Vanessa said...

Well I think we all know that we need to take a break sometimes, and go fix life... Hope you Migraine get better, and come back when you can.

Natalie said...

I can't believe your "real" life is more important than keeping me entertained with your blog!!!! This time I will forgive you, because I love you as only a true sister-in-law can. :)

Sorry about the stinking migraine...I can't think of it or...crap, here comes my own now. Thanks.

Juli said...

Real life trumps imaginary every time. I find when there's no time to write, I make time to read and escape the craziness that is all things boys here.

Here's hoping the sunshine comes, the headache goes, and the Cadbury is always in stock. :)

Mimi Sue said...

Well, we surely do miss your words of wisdom but completely understand the reason they are missing. Take care of things, eat some fatty eggs, and we'll see you soon. Mimi

Brittney said...

haha, even with a headache your post was awesome. You have such a gift - hilarious ways of tying in remediation - even to the end of the post. Genius.

Hope your headache clears up and your son doesn't flunk.

Holly said...

Did I ever give you a headache bag?? I can't remember if I actually gave it to you!! AAHH!! If I didn't, I will!! And Honey!! IBUs ain't got nothin' on Excedrin Migraine... OK, for me, anyway... I think I'm heading that direction today, but I'm not migraine status as of now and am praying not to go there. I'm sorry you're on day 3!! Even with that, you manage to amuse us with your comic twists on reality. (((HUGS)))

Sunshine said...

Dude, migraine shmigraine! You should know that my entertainment is MUCH more important than that silly little thing that hurts your head.

Slap that boy around, he should know better than to..er.. flunk. Silly cousin, what is he thinking? Well, apparently he's not, but really, he should be!

Vern said...

You're so right, "flunkard" is way more fun to say.

.E. said...

sorry to hear about the Migraines.. I get pretty crappy headaches from time to time.. but I dont think they are technically migraines.. I like to blame them on the extreme weather and temperature changes.. yesterday 60 degrees today 30 degrees.. gives me a headache above my left eye that will not go away no matter how many damn pills I take for it.. so girl I hear your headache pain... feel better and you are worth waiting for.. will check back soon.. been busy myself.. napping ok hibernating until spring actually shows the *%&# up and the snow goes away and stays away

Krista said...

Poor Princess! I wish I could do something. Do you need Dr. Pepper or anything?

imbeingheldhostage said...

How can you continue to be so funny while having a migraine?? If you don't want the Dr. Pepper Krista is offering, can I have it?