Friday, April 29, 2016

BIG PLANS!

First of all, Prince is dead. I just thought we should mention that so nobody is embarrassed if I start to wail out the lyrics to I Would Die 4 U (complete with hand/face actions) during this blog. And just for the record, that exotic baby man driving his Little Red Corvette will always have a place in my heart...and my garage. Amen.

Second, my youngest son has two months left on his LDS mission, and will be returning to pass unrighteous judgment on me, so I have to make it look like I've been doing something besides eating cinnamon bears for the last two years. Which is why I have to get busy redecorating a room or two. Not his room, mind you. His room is a shiz hole. Always has been, since all three of the boys lived there together and we found a booger kingdom hidden on the backside of a headboard. There's really no coming back from that. Best to just light a match and walk away.

Anyway, I'm thinking about throwing some paint around in the sitting room, which is my favorite room. But it's going on twelve years, people. It's kind of a decorating version of the leisure suit—it had its day. Of course the leisure suit was a sin against God, so maybe that's not the best example, but you get the idea.

Plus, we all know people who held on a liiiiiiitle too long to their favorite things. Ie; acid washed joggers, Farrah Fawcett hair, frosted blue eyeshadow and perms. All of which, oddly enough, have made a comeback, so never mind.

Where was I?

Oh, yes. My sitting room.

I have big plans for that room. Big, BIG PLANS. And as soon as I steal those plans from Pinterest, you'll be the first to know.

Speaking of sisters having babies (just go with me here) my youngest sister has just announced she is HAVING A BABY!!! That makes six. SIX BABIES, YOU GUYS! Pretty much she's a baby hoarder. When she's pregnant, she vomits in her sleep. And can't even drink water. But she's a size 0 and has stunningly beautiful children, so I think that evens things out.

So to sum up, missionary son, cinnamon bears, leisure suits, Farrah Fawcett, babies and vomit.  It's pretty clear I have laser focus when it comes to writing this blog. My brain is a horse that keeps getting spooked.

Thanks for holding onto the reigns and coming along for the ride.


Farewell, beautiful sitting room, and thank you for the last 12 years. 







5 comments:

Bonnie Leigh said...

Ok. So. Does this mean you will be selling this furniture I am in love with? Because I love it. And I want it.

Meredith Haag said...

Well first of all, congratulations on being an auntie again! Kara that's so exciting! And second, this is the funniest blog ever! We've had some booger kingdoms too! Lol and your sitting room is straight from a magazine! Gorgeous! I can't wait to see what's next! Just send anything you don't want over to me!

Meredith Haag said...

Well first of all, congratulations on being an auntie again! Kara that's so exciting! And second, this is the funniest blog ever! We've had some booger kingdoms too! Lol and your sitting room is straight from a magazine! Gorgeous! I can't wait to see what's next! Just send anything you don't want over to me!

Stef said...

What is it with boogers and boys and walls. It's gross. But I find when I clean my shower, my husband one nose blows them all over the shower. Yuck! Why do they do that??
I'm excited to see your makeover.
And I love your blog!

ছেলে vs মেয়ে Love Garden said...


Thank you sharing the post. I got many help in the post.
Get our services….

Creator of clipping path